Dark paint can be intimidating, but in the right rooms, dark walls can create a dramatic backdrop that can help you achieve a striking and unique look. Here are some examples.
1. The bright, eclectic art and furniture in this living room keep the space feeling bright and spacious.
2. Bright curtains and carpeting keep this room feeling airy. The dark colors really allow the accent colors to pop.
3. Dark walls can be great in cozy spaces like dens and libraries.
4. Dark walls can also create a simple backdrop for creative/work spaces.
5. Dark colors can make a soothing base for bedrooms. The light wood accents in this room give it a nice contrast.
6. Here’s a simple example of dark walls, wood, and light linens working well together.
7. Incorporating a dark wall can create a really sleek kitchen look…
8. And can look great in the dining room, too, again paired with white and wood.
9. Even adding a single dark wall as an unexpected accent can add some flair.